Wednesday, August 16, 2006

First Blog - Japan - Part - Warriner

Hello everybody and welcome to our new darts blog on darts exhibitions. From here on in I’ll be filling everyone in on the in’s and out’s of what’s happening in the world of darts on a daily basis in between our travels for tournament, exhibitions and presentations etc,etc giving you all the funny stories that always follow us around on the way. Firstly I’m delighted to have signed John Part up to darts exhibitions. He is a great entertainer and a great friend so its going to be good to have him over from time to time. Because John is from Canada he obviously has a lot further to travel so he won’t be over as often as others to the UK and Ireland so my advice is to come out and catch him when ya can. Just to let you know at a recent tournament, the Bobby Bourn memorial John Part was drawn against Alan Warriner in the last 32 in a rehearsal for our exhibition on the 19th October coming and what a game it was. First to 3 sets. John had the throw in the 1st set which he won 2.1. Alan had the throw in the 2nd set which he won 2.0. John with the throw took the 3rd set 2.1 Alan the 4th 2.0 and John took the final set on the last leg 2.1. So all in all Alan won 7 legs to John’s six but as darts is a funny old game John won by 3 sets to 2. Cruel for camp Warrriner but at least it was at the receiving end of Part. Myself and Wozza got some great news during the week that we have an exhibition trip in January in Japan. 18 days in Japan shall be good and I’ll certainly be up for that. Japanese food doesn’t agree with my bowels though so I may have to pack my sandwiches and crisps so I can add another inch to my ever expanding waistline. I wonder what the Japanese “orange” tastes like. I’ll be keeping you updated on this so keep an eye from here on in on my blog.

No comments: