Saturday, November 25, 2006

IRONIC

I'm going to qoute a comment from one of my previous blogs here and this is the first time I have done this.
QUOTE....STRAIGHT FROM THE BLOG

Anonymous said...
Fair enough fergal,i think your skills of negotiating are better than alans though ha,ha.It seems to be a good idea though getting positive feedback all round.

6:51 PM

"Seems to be a good idea though"...Nice to see the latest knockout competition is decided and the same problem still remains. Well done to Philly and the boys. Meeting Pete and Ronnie did ya well. The author of the above saying when they lost the final " a great attendance tonight and its a pity a few certain people are not here to see it" does not not wash with me. As I say I never mentioned final attendances. I only ever ementioned semi final attendances.I can assure you that ten league participants attending a final is not a success and believe me I would have love to attended to see that.
I and like any sane darts organisation would expect a MINIMUM of 40% of the players that played would attend the final. Considering the "audience" for the semis were shocking I can see why getting 30 to attend the final is a bonus to the organisers but once again the winners and runners up care about themselves and forget about the sponsors.

Allow me to say one thing. All I have said over the last 2 weeks has never been personal. At least not until someone stood up in public having lost and said" I wish some people were here to see this" ( 30 people at a darts game.....see what). If they wanna make this personal we will.I have made this clear as from day one. If anyone wants to stand toe to toe with me in front of the world and debate this I will. All I have ever done is try and benefit Tramore darts but the nasty blocker will always be there. As I say I was willing to drop it until you started boasting about a 30 man attendance. In 2004 there was standing room only in Murphs. Get a grip. How can it have dropped that far.

I'm delighted O Sheas won it............Delighted and you are right.... its a pity certain people are not there to see it.

2 comments:

Zeeple said...

You must be talking about a much bigger dart event than I am used to attending. The last event I attended was the Seattle Turkey Shoot. Almost all of the participants not only stuck around to see the semi-finals and the finals but they all stayed after to congrats the winners and have some more drinks. It was a festive time though, and all were happy to attend. There were only 20 darters to play in the event though (21 - but one guy bowed out gracefully when he learned there were an odd number of people) so perhaps the smaller the event the greater the percentage of finals attendance?

Anonymous said...

The good old Seattle Turkey shoot. To be honest the event I'm on about is just a small darts league too but people do care about it and its always great to have a good honest attendance.We have some good players in Tramore but I think if they juggled things a small bit they good players would get better. Nice to see the arrows on the up and up in USA. Johhnie K and Ray Carver have done you proud of late and both will be in Purfleet next month for the Worlds.