Monday, November 20, 2006

Priestley and Manley

Howdy all,
What an exhibition we had the other night in Hourigans, Newmarket in Co.Cork.
A huge attendance enjoyed some brilliant darts from Peter Manley and Dennis Priestley with Phil Jones providing the scores and the jokes between legs. As I say the attendance was huge and the capacity crowd didn't stop shouting all night and I think even the players were taken a back by the atmosphere. Thanks to Dennis and Peter and also Phil for providing a great night. Thanks to large Con who chalked all night. Thanks to Scanlons pub who provided us with plenty of beer all day Saturday. A big thank you to Colin who had the venue in tip top shape and mostly thanks to Pat O Loughlin who was the man backing the whole night and only rang me last night looking for a Barney/Taylor showdown in 2007 so watch this space for that one.

Fair play to Ferghal and Tara for making the journey on Saturday from Waterford which meant of course leaving their recently born baby daughter Rhian. It was their first night out since their new arrival so Tara's sister came to the rescue and babysitted Rhian and little Luke so their Mam and Dad could catch some world class darts. Think they both enjoyed the Miller and the blue wkd as a good night was had by all. Think Ferghall was surprised by the attendance too but that's the was it is.

Mick McGowan amazingly got another win under his belt at the 128 Vauxhall classic. Mick is playing out of his skin of late and his rise to fame in the UK will certainly have venues chomping at the bit to have him play in their establishment before long. Well done again Mick. Starting to repeat myself with Mick the last few weeks as it seems he is in the latter stages of all tournaments now unlike my players but that is the way.

Thanks all for the amazing reactions I received last week with my Will it ever change blog. The answer to that will be most certainly no. That is my NAP for the new year as regards Tramore. No change. Will not get any odds on that though.
Anyway thinks for the support and the miniscule bit of critism. I welcomed it all.

3 comments:

Darttalker said...

Hello,
I just discovered you blog! I do enjoy the post that you have made so far. I'll be making it a regular stop from now on.

However on the topic. I saw Priestley in Exhibition last June, just before the Las Vegas Desert Classic V, and I truly enjoyed it. He is truly a class act, and I'm happy to see that he will be playing in the premier league!

andrea said...

Hi,
I am an Italian player and I have a dart blog that links yours. Can we make a link exchange? Thanks!
http://freccetteperforanti.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

keoghan international... who would of thought...